fevereiro 08, 2005

SAUDADE DOS 80 (parte 17)


HOLA!


Alguém se lembra dos hits internacionais dos anos 80?

With or without you, Another brick in the wall, Every breathe you take, Billie Jean, Like a virgin, Crazy little thing called love, Livin' on a prayer, We are the world, Bette Davis eyes,Careless whisper, Ebony and Ivory, Take my breath away, I just called to say I love you, Captain of her heart, Endless love, Beat it, Just like starting over, (I've had)The time of my life, You and I, Greatest love of all, The lady in red, Let's groove, Piano in the dark, One more try, Don't wanna lose you, Knife, Lady, Straight up, Physical, When I see you smile, Like a virgin, Bizarre Love Triangle, Boys don't cry, Celebration, Eternal flame, Everybody wants to rule the world, Down under, Forever young, Dancing queen, Footloose, Girls just want to have fun, Heaven, If you leave me now, King of pain, Jump in the fire, Material girl, Pride, Purple rain, Nothing gonna change my love for you, Reggae night, Sweet child o' mine, Take on me, Time after time, We don't need another hero, We are family, Everything counts, Tainted love, Don't go, Oh L'amour, Send me an angel, Notorious, Woman in chains, Iron Eagle, The final countdown, To be with you, The killing moon, Head over heels, Mad world, Africa, Voyage, Voyage, Eyes withou a face, Beautiful, Right Between The Eyes, Original sin, Don't stop believin', Forever, More than a feeling, Xanadu, How soon is now?, Do you really want to hurt me, Blue monday, Every little thing she does is magic, 99 Red Balloons, Roam, Private Idaho, Sexual healing, Carrie, Back on the chain gang, Right here waiting, The tide is high, Don't you (forget about me), Sweet dreams, Addicted to love, Lost in your eyes, Broken wings, Under The Milky Way, La Bamba, Relax, Say you, say me, Lady in red, Power of love, The glory of love, Endless love, Sailing, Never ending story, I will survive,It's my life, The Power Of Love, Success, Walking On Sunshine, Money for nothing, So far away etc...


Anos 80, como já disse no post anterior, é puro rock n' roll: soft rock, rock alternativo, hard rock, punk rock, new wave, glam rock e todas os estilos de heavy metal. A música eletrônica começa a dar seus primeiros passos.




Pet Shop Boys: "(All day, all day) Watch them all fall down// (All day, all day) Domino dancing// (All day, all day) Watch them all fall down// (All day, all day, domino dancing)..."

Blondie (essa música é da década de 90, mas a vida inteira achei que era dos 80) : "She moves like she don´t care// Smooth as silk cool as air// Ooh it makes you wanna cry // She doesn´t know your name // And your heart beats like a subway train // Ooh it makes you wanna die// Ooh don´t ya wanna take her// Ooh don´t ya wanna make her all your own // Maria // You´re gotta see her // Go insane and out of your mind // Regina // Ave Maria// A million and one // Candle lights..."


Guns N' Roses: "Shed a tear 'cause I'm missin' you// I'm still alright to smile// Girl, I think about you every day now// Was a time when I wasn't sure// But you set my mind at ease// There is no doubt// You're in my heart now//// Said, woman, take it slow// It'll work itself out fine// All we need is just a little patience// Said, sugar, make it slow// And we come together fine// All we need is just a little patience(patience)// Mm, yeah..."

New Kids on the block (antes do Step by Step) : "[Please don’t go, girl]I just can’t live without you// [Please] So listen to me [Don’t go, girl]// Don’t go girl..."

B-52: "You're livin in your own Private Idaho. Idaho.// You're out of control, the rivers that roll,// you fell into the water and down to Idaho.// Get out of that state,// get out of that state you're in.// You better beware..."

Billy Idol: "Got no human grace your eyes without a face.// Such a human waste your eyes without a face// And now it's getting worse..."



A-HA (Qual garota não suspirava por Morten? Eu peguei na mão dele, gente!!) : "Here I am// And within the reach of my hands// She sounds asleep and she's sweeter now// Than the wildest dream could have seen her// And I watch her slipping away// Though I know I'll be hunting high and low//// High// There's no end to the lengths I'll go to// Hunting high and low// High// There's no end to lengths I'll go..."

Prince: "I never meant 2 cause u any sorrow// I never meant 2 cause u any pain// I only wanted 2 one time see u laughing// I only want 2 see u laughing in the purple rain// Purple rain, purple rain// I only wanted 2 see u bathing in the purple rain..."

Bon Jovi: "We´re half way there// Livin' On A Prayer// Take my hand- we´ll make it - I swear// Livin' On A Prayer..."

Boy George: "do you really want to hurt me// do you really want to make me cry// do you really want to hurt me// do you really want to make me cry..."

Debbie Gibson: "I get lost in your eyes// And I feel my spirits rise// And soar like the wind...// Is it love that I am in?...I don't mind not knowing what I'm heading for// You can take me to the skies...// It's like being lost in heaven// When I'm lost in your eyes..."

Dire Straits: "So far away from me// So far I just can’t see// So far away from me// You’re so far away from me..."

Depeche Mode: "Strangelove// Strange highs and strange lows// Strangelove// That's how my love goes// Strangelove// Will you give it to me// Will you take the pain// I will give to you// Again and again// And will you return it..."

Cyndi Lauper: "Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick,// And think of you// Turning in circles confusion// Is nothing new// Flashback to warm nights// Almost left behind// Suitcase of memories,// Time after...If you're lost you can look and you will find me// Time after time// If you fall I will catch you I'll be waiting// Time after time..."

Duran Duran: "You own the money// you control the witness// I hear you're lonely// don't monkey with my business// You pay the profits to justify the reasons// I heard your promise// but I don't believe it// that's why I'll do it again// no no notorious..."

Donna Summer: "Forget about the bad times// remember all the good times// hold your head up high// and breakaway..."




Eurythmics: "Sweet dreams are made of this// Who am I to disagree?// I travel the world// And the seven seas// Everybody's looking for something..."

Everything but the girl (tudo bem, essa música é de 1994, mas é que mais gosto da banda) : "I step off the train,// I'm walking down your street again,// And past your door,// But you don't live there any more...And I miss you -// Like the desert miss the rain..."

Lionel Ritchie: "Say you, say me// Say it for always// That's the way it should be// Say you, say me// Say it together// Naturally!..."

Madonna: "Like a virgin// Touched for the very first time// Like a virgin// When your heart beats// Next to mine..."

Erasure: "Oh L'Amour// Broke my heart// Now I'm aching for you// Mon amour// What's a boy in love// Supposed to do..."

The Human League: "I wouldn't ever try to hurt you// I just needed someone to hold me// To fill the void while you were gone// To fill this space of emptiness//// I'm only human// Of flesh and blood I'm made// Human// Born to make mistakes..."

Information Society: "The time I spend alone has nothing to give.// It's repetition,// I'm coming back to you. // Repetition,// The only thing I can do..."

Marillion: "Kayleigh, is it too late to say I'm sorry?// And Kayleigh, could we get it together again// I just can't go on pretending that it came to a natural end// Kayleigh, oh I never thought I'd miss you..."

Milli Vanilli (os forjões, lembram?) : "Girl, you know it's true.// Ooh, Ooh, Ooh I love you.// Yes, you know it's true.// Ooh, Ooh, Ooh I love you.// Girl, you know it's true.// My love is for you..."

Menudo: "Canta, baila sin parar// Sube, baja con libertad.// Sueña, ríe como yo// Salta, grita oh, oh... No te reprimas, no te reprimas, no te reprimas.// No te reprimas, no te reprimas, puedes soñar.// No te reprimas, no te reprimas, no te reprimas.// Canta, baila, sube, baja, sueña, ríe, salta como yo..."

Nina Hagen: "New York City is the hottest place// For a honeymoon in a hotel room// New York City is my favorite place// 'Cause I know so many people with a golden face// Uh-huh..."

Paula Abdul (Tudo bem, essa música é de 1991. Mas é a única que sei que cantarolar) : "Rush, rush// Hurry, hurry lover, come to me// Rush, rush// I wanna see, I wanna see you free with me// Rush, rush// I can feel it, I can feel you all through me// Rush, rush// Oh, what you do to me..."

Sade: "He's a smooth operator// Smooth operator, smooth operator// Smooth operator// Coast to coast, LA to Chicago, western male// Across the north and south, to Key Largo, love for sale..."

New Order: "...Every time I see you falling// I get down on my knees and pray// I'm waiting for that final moment// You'll say the words that I can't say..."




Whitesnake: "Is this love that I'm feeling// Is this the love that I've been searching for// Is this love or am I dreaming// This must be love// 'Cause it's really got a hold on me// A hold on me..."

Village People: "Young man, there's a place you can go.// I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.// You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find// Many ways to have a good time.//// It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.// It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.//// They have everything for you men to enjoy,// You can hang out with all the boys..."

USA for Africa (Em 1985, o produtor Quincy Jones mais os cantores Michael Jackson e Lionel Richie (compositores da música) se uniram a vários artistas (Cindy Lauper, Bob Dylan, Kenny Rogers, Paul Simon, Tina Turner, Stevie Wonder, outros irmãos Jackson, Harry Belafonte, Bette Middler, Ray Charles, Al Jarreau, Willie Nelson, Bruce Springsteen, Dionne Warwick, Diana Ross etc) em prol das crianças que sofriam as conseqüências da miséria e da fome na África, resultando nesse álbum) : "We are the world, we are the children// We are the ones who make a brighter day// So let's start giving// There's a choice we're making// We're saving our own lives// It's true we'll make a better day, just you and me..."

Tina Turner: "We don't need another hero// We don't need to know the way home// All we want is life beyond thunderdome..."

Technotronic: "Pump up the jam// pump it up...I want a place to say:// "get your booty on the floor tonight"// make my day..."

Tears for fears: "Well I fell lying and waiting is a poor man's deal// And I feel hopelessly weighed down by your eyes of steel// It's a world gone crazy// Keeps Woman in Chains//// Trades her soul as skin and bone// Sells the only thing she owns// Woman in Chains// Woman in Chains..."

Simple Minds: "Don't you forget about me// Don't, don't, don't, don't// Don't you forget about me..."

Michael Jackson: "Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it// No one wants to be defeated// Showin' how funky and strong is your fight// It doesn't matter who's wrong or right// Just beat it, beat it// Just beat it, beat it// Just beat it, beat it// Just beat it, beat it..."

The Smiths: "The boy with the thorn in his side,// behind the hatred there lies a murderous desire// for love...// How can they look into my eyes and still they don't believe me?// How can they hear me say those words - still they don't believe me?// And if they don't believe me now, will they ever believe me?// And if they don't believe me now, will they ever, they ever,believe me?// Oh ..."




U2: "Sunday, Bloody Sunday// Sunday, Bloody Sunday //// How long...// How long must we sing this song?// How long? How long...// 'cause tonight...we can be as one // Tonight... tonight..."

The Cure: "Now I would do most anything// To get you back by my side // But I just// Keep on laughing// Hiding the tears in my eyes// 'cause boys don't cry// Boys don't cry// Boys don't cry..."

The Smiths (essa música,na verdade, é do primeiro álbum do Morrissey em sua carreira solo. EU A-M-O!!) : "Why do you come here?// And why do you hang around ?// I'm so sorry// I'm so sorry// Why do you come here// When you know it makes things hard for me?// When you know, oh// Why do you come?// Why do you telephone?(Hmm...)// And why send me silly notes?// I'm so sorry// I'm so sorry..."

Elton John (essa foto é do clipe de Nikita) : "Oh Nikita you will never know, anything about my home// I'll never know how good it feels to hold you// Nikita I need you so..."

R.E.M.: "This one goes out to the one I love//This one goes out to the one I've left behind//A simple prop to occupy my time//This one goes out to the one I love//// Fire//Fire..."

Simple Red: "Holding back the years,// Thinking of the fear I've had for so long.// When somebody hears,// Listen to the fear that's gone.// Strangled by the wishes of pater,// Hoping for the arm of mater,// Get to me sooner or later,// Nothing ever could, yeah.// I'll keep holding on,// I'll keep holding on,// I'll keep holding on,// I'll keep holding on..."

The Pretenders: "...I found a picture of you, oh oh oh oh// Those were the happiest days of my life// Like a break in the battle was your part, oh oh oh oh// In the wretched life of a lonely heart// Now we’re back on the train// Oh, back on the chain gang..."

Kon Kan: "Look at me I keep turning the pages of history// Look at you trying to fill up your life with things to do// Look at us will we ever find a key in the history// Could it be if I move to you would you move to me..."

Queen: "Love of my life, you´ve hurt me// You've broken my heart and now you leave me// Love of my life, can't you see?// Bring it back, bring it back, don't take it away from me// because you don't know what it means to me..."




10000 Maniacs: "Trouble...// Trouble me... disturb me with all your cares and your worries.// Trouble me... on the days when you feel spent.// Why let your shoulders bend underneath this burden// when my back is sturdy and strong?// Trouble me..."

The Bangles: "Close your eyes, give me your hand, darling// Do you feel my heart beating// Do you understand// Do you feel the same// Am I only dreaming// Is this burning an eternal flame...Say my name sun shines through the rain// A whole life so lonely// And then you come and ease the pain// I don't want to lose this feeling// is burning an eternal flame..."

Oingo Boingo (olha o Danny Elfman!!) : "Go--Don't you go// Won't you stay with me one more day// If we get through one more night// If we get through one more night..."

Joy Division (um dos poetas da solidão, o grande e saudoso Ian Curtis. Essa música é do álbum de dezembro de 1979, mas é o grande hit da banda. Vale destacar também o ótimo e último álbum Closer) : "When routine bites hard// and ambitions are low.// And resentment rides high// but emotions won't grow.// And we're changing our ways// taking different roads.//// Love, love will tear us apart again.// Love, love will tear us apart again..."



U2, a maior banda dos anos 80


Eu amo R.E.M., é minha banda favorita. Adoro os vocais e as composições do Michael Stipe e a guitarra do Peter Buck, sinto falta da "batera" do Bill Perry e ouvir At my most beautiful no piano do Mike Mills é tocante demais. A-HA pode ter feito muito sucesso nos anos 80 a ponto de transformar em hits todas as faixas dos álbuns. The Smiths com suas canções melancólicas e os vocais melódicos do Morrissey contagiaram muitos fãs, contudo é inegável que a maior banda dos anos 80 foi o U2. Dublin... The Edge, Bono Vox (cujos nomes verdadeiros são Dave Evans e Paul Hewson respectivamente), além de Adam Clayton e Larry Mullen Jr... O quarteto fantástico.

O nome U2 foi uma referência a um avião utilizado pelos E.U. na Segunda Guerra. Suas letras traziam sua postura politizada, mostrando a situação da Irlanda envolta em uma guerra sangrenta estúpida; a questão religiosa; suas preocupações sociais mesclavam com canções de um amor sempre sofrido, lúdico... O som e as melodias ora suaves ora agressivos, com a voz rouca do Bono, a guitarra maravilhosamente tocada por The Edge são uns dos muitos igredientes para a receita de sucesso da banda.

Não há nenhum álbum do U2 que não tenha uma canção marcante: Boy... I will follow; October... Gloria; War... Sunday Bloody Sunday; Unforgettable fire... Pride (In the name of love); Rattle and hum... Angel of Harlem.

O que Nevermind do Nirvana e Automatic for the people do R.E.M. estão para os anos 90, assim é The Joshua Tree para a década de 80. É difícil imaginar alguém quem não saiba cantarolar uma canção desse álbum... Where The Streets Have No Name; I Still Haven´t Found What I´m Looking For; With Or Without You; In God's country...


Ainda dignos de nota: Iron Maiden; Echo and The Bunnymen (Ian McCulloch e seu rock psicodélico, new wave); Scorpions (e as clássicas Still loving you e Wind of change) Talking Heads (David Byrne antes de devotar amor aos artistas brasileiros como Marisa Monte e Magareth Menezes); The Police (antes de Sting devotar amor às causas indígenas do nosso país); Midnight Oil; Men at work; AC/DC (mesmo com a morte do vocalista em 1980); Aerosmith (a banda caiu no esquecimento no final dos anos 70 devido ao abuso de drogas. Em 1984 eles voltaram a tocar, entretanto as perfomances no palco eram muito fracas por causa das drogas. Resolveram sair das drogas - o primeiro passo para voltar ao cenário musical. E em 1989 com o ótimo álbum Pump, que tinha músicas poderosas como Love In The Elevator, F.I.N.E. e a clássica Janie's Got A Gun, fez com que Steve Tyler, Joe Perry e cia tivessem a comprovação concreta do retorno triunfal e esmagador); Bad Religion; The Cult (que segundo uma revista americana o som deles era "muito gótico para o público em geral, muito heavy para os góticos e muito progressivo para os punks") ; a volta do Deep Purple em 1984; Europe (e seu grande hit The Final Countdown); Faith no More (que estourou em 1989 no seu álbum The Real Thing", repleto de hits como "Epic", "Falling to Pieces", "From Out Of Nowhere" etc); Frank Zappa não pára de produzir álbuns; INXS (e o saudoso Michael Hutchence), o rock underground do Yo La Tengo; Sonic Youth e sua influência para várias bandas como o Nirvana; Jane’s Addiction; Judas Priest; Soundgarden (Chris Cornell antes do movimento grunge); Metallica; Megadeth; vários álbuns póstumos do John Lennon (assassinado em 1980) são feitos durante todo os anos 80; já o outro beatle Paul McCartney segue numa carreira satisfatória, mas não tão brilhante (lembram-se da parceria com Michael Jackson em The Girl is mine e Girlfriend?); Ozzy Osbourne; o álbum The Wall do Pink Floyd ainda repercute e um filme homônimo é realizado em 1982 dirigido por Alan Parker; Pixies (grande nome do rock alternativo); Hüsker Du; Ramones e seu clássico Pet Sematary; Suicidal Tendencies; Nazareth (e a clássica música fossa Love Hurts); Van Halen (nunca vi uma banda que troca tanto de vocalista); Peter Gabriel; Phil Collins; Genesis; Bruce Springsteen (e seu ótimo álbum Born in the U.S.A.); Soft Cell (lembram o hit Tainted love?); Alphaville e seu Forever Young; Kiss; Tom Waits (nosso magnífico artista multimídia); Poison (um dos grandes destaques do glam rock que se caracterizava pelos laquês, roupas e maquiagens extravagantes dos seus integrantes); Locomia (melhor esquecer!) etc.


Algumas bandas que estariam no auge do sucesso no início dos anos 90 começava a dar seus primeiros passos no cenário musical:

Nirvana: surgiu no final de 1987 e ainda não contava com o baterista Dave Grohl que só entrou em 1990. Seu primeiro álbum Bleach em 1989 já trazia um hit que tocaria muito no início dos anos 90. O movimento grunge viraria moda e Seattle torna-se-ia o centro das atenções

Pearl Jam: O guitarrista Stone Gossard e o baixista Jeff Ament formaram uma banda de hard-rock chamada de Green River, mas que não deu certo. Juntamente com o vocalista Andrew Wood, formam uma outra banda chamada Mother Love Bone. Logo após o lançamento do primeiro álbum da banda, Andrew Wood morre por overdose de heroína. Stone e Jeff saíram à procura de um vocalista, mandando uma fita demo com três músicas instrumentais que, por intermédio do ex-baterista do Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jack Irons, caiu nas mãos do então vocalista desempregado Eddie Vedder. Começava aí o Pearl Jam.

E ainda mais: Pennywise; Pantera (vocês sabiam que antes de ser reconhecida como uma banda de trash metal, fez sucesso na década de 80 com o visual "glam" estilo Poison?); Alice in Chains; Black Crowes; Blind Guardian; Goo Goo Dolls (a banda teve que batalhar muito pra só conseguir sucesso após sua canção Iris ser escolhida para ser o tema do filme Cidade dos Anjos em 1998. Por sinal, a música foi um fenômeno nas rádios); Lenny Kravitz; Manic Street Preachers; Nine Inch Nails (e seu primeiro hit "Head Like a Hole" em 1989); Primal; Radiohead começa a dar minúsculos passos ao juntar seus integrantes encabeçados pelo vocalista Tom Yorke, formando a banda On a friday, entretanto só em 1991, surgiu o nome Radiohead e o sucesso estrondoso. O Red Hot Chili Peppers lança uns álbuns meia boca nos anos 80 para estourar em 1991 com Blood Sugar Sex Magik que tinha hits como Under the bridge, Give it away dentre outros.

Curiosidade: Quais músicas ganharam o Oscar de canção original nos anos 80?

1980- "It goes like it goes" (Norma Rae)
1981- "Fame" (Fama)
1982- "Arthur's Theme - Best that you can do" (Arthur, o milionário sedutor)
1983- "Up where we belong" (A força do destino)
1984- "Flashdance... what a feeling" (Flashdance - Em ritmo de embalo)
1985- "I just called to say I love you" (A dama de vermelho)
1986- "Say you, say me" (O sol da meia-noite)
1987- "Take my breath away" (Top Gun - Ases indomáveis)
1988- "(I've had) The time of my life" (Dirty Dancing - Ritmo Quente)
1989- "Let the river run" (Uma secretária de futuro)



HASTA!